Chronic Sinus Issues
If you’ve ever had a sinus infection, you know how painful and uncomfortable it can feel. Now, imagine if you experienced this feeling for 12 weeks or more – often many times a year. Chronic sinus issues can actually be debilitating for some people. At Biltmore ENT, our ear, nose and throat doctors in Phoenix have helped thousands of people get lasting relief from their chronic symptoms.
Symptoms of Chronic Sinus Issues
- Ear pain
- Pain or tenderness around your eyes, cheek or nose
- Loss of smell or taste
- Postnasal drip
- Stuffy nose
- Trouble sleeping
- Fever, confusion or stiff neck (could indicate a severe infection)
4 Sinus Locations
You have four air-filled pockets behind your facial bones – each of these sinus areas is lined with soft tissue and a thin layer of mucus which can become inflamed due to infection, growths or swelling.
- Frontal sinuses: low center of your forehead
- Maxillary sinuses: cheekbones, near your nose
- Ethmoid sinuses: between your eyes
- Sphenoid sinuses: behind your nose
Possible Causes of Sinus Issues
There are many possible reasons why your sinuses can become swollen. Our team will assess your condition to identify if any of these underlying conditions are causing your sinus issues:
- Nasal obstruction
- Sinus infection (sinusitis)
- Nasal polyps
- Deviated septum
- Other causes
Our Services/Treatments for Sinus Issues
Our ear, nose and throat doctors in Phoenix will make a treatment recommendation after we have fully assessed your condition and identified the source of the discomfort. Click the links below to learn more about these treatment options:
- Septoplasty: to treat a deviated septum
- Turbinate Surgery: to treat swollen nasal tissues
- Sinus Surgery: to treat blockages in the sinuses
- Balloon Sinuplasty: to treat chronic sinusitis
You Have Questions: We Have Answers
When you come in for your appointment, we’ll cover commonly asked questions about sinus issues. We are trained to help answer such questions as:
- What is a sinus infection?
- Is a sinus infection serious?
- Why does my face hurt on my cheeks?
- Why do I keep getting sinus problems?
- And many more
More importantly, we can offer treatments for relief.
Our team at Biltmore ENT is ready to help you live a better quality of life by offering treatments for sinus issues in Phoenix. Contact our office today at (602) 956-1250 or click here to request an appointment.