Pediatric Hearing Problems
Children face many of the same health problems that adults do. However, symptoms may show themselves differently and treatment methods that work well in adults may not be appropriate for children. Our team of pediatric audiologists in Phoenix offers hearing evaluations for children aged 6 months and older.
- Ear injuries
- Hearing aids for children
- Conductive hearing loss tests
- Middle ear infection
- Genetic hearing loss
- Hearing tests
- Middle ear tests
Treatments for Pediatric Hearing Problems
Because there are so many different types of pediatric hearing problems, treatments will greatly vary. Here are just a few treatment options:
- Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy: surgical removal of the tonsils and adenoids behind the throat and nasal passages, respectively, to treat breathing problems, recurring infections, etc.
- Earwax removal: this simple treatment may be all that is needed to restore hearing and resolve other symptoms
- Ear tubes: small tubes made of plastic or metal are placed into the eardrum to prevent fluid buildup in the middle ear and keep air flowing
- Tympanoplasty: surgical method to repair a perforated eardrum where your own tissue is used to close the hole
- Eardrum patch: a patch is applied over the hole in the eardrum to seal the hole
- Hearing aids: there are many options available to improve your child’s hearing
You Have Questions: We Have Answers
We invite you to request an appointment for your child with our team so we can improve their hearing and help them succeed in school and life. We are trained to help answer such questions as:
- Does my child need a hearing aid?
- Why can’t my child hear me?
- Why are my child’s grades getting worse?
- What are the warning signs of hearing problems in babies?
- And many more
More importantly, we can offer treatments for relief.
Our team at Biltmore Audiology & Hearing Aid Center is ready to help you live a better quality of life. Contact our office today at (602) 956-1250 or click here to request an appointment.