Ear Issues & Disorders
Conditions that impair ear function can be as minor as wax buildup or as serious as deafness. Our team at Biltmore ENT and Biltmore Audiology & Hearing Aid Center can evaluate your condition and determine the source of your discomfort or problems and recommend the best course of treatment. Our ear specialists in Phoenix can diagnose conditions such as:
- Disorders of the hearing bones
- Congenital ear deformities
- Cysts and tumors
- Skin cancers
- External ear canal problems
- Hearing loss
- Vertigo and balance disorders
- Ringing in ears (tinnitus)
- Fluid/recurrent infections
- Eardrum perforations
Treatments for Ear Issues & Disorders
Because there are so many different types of ear issues and disorders, treatments will greatly vary. Here are just a few treatment options:
- Earwax removal: this simple treatment may be all that is needed to restore hearing and resolve other symptoms
- Ear tubes: small tubes made of plastic or metal are placed into the eardrum to prevent fluid buildup in the middle ear and keep air flowing
- Tympanoplasty: surgical method to repair a perforated eardrum where your own tissue is used to close the hole
- Eardrum patch: a patch is applied over the hole in the eardrum to seal the hole
- Hearing aids: there are many options available to improve your hearing
- Septoplasty: surgery to treat a deviated (crooked) septum, the bone and cartilage that runs between your nostrils
- Turbinate surgery: to treat inflamed nasal turbinates, 3 bony structures in your nose that are covered in tissue
- Sinus surgery: to treat blockages in the sinuses using an endoscope to view the area and surgical instruments to remove blockages
- Balloon sinuplasty: to treat chronic sinusitis by inserting a small, flexible balloon catheter into the inflamed sinus area, inflating the balloon to open the sinuses and flushing out mucus; the sinuses remain open after the balloon is removed
You Have Questions: We Have Answers
We invite you to request an appointment with our team so you can begin the journey to a better quality of life. We are trained to help answer such questions as:
- Why is there ringing in my ears?
- Is excessive earwax bad?
- Why can’t I hear very well?
- Why do I keep getting ear infections?
- Do hearing aids really work?
- And many more
More importantly, we can offer treatments for relief.
Our team at Biltmore ENT is ready to help you live a better quality of life. Contact our office today at (602) 956-1250 or click here to request an appointment.