Hearing Aid Consultation & Evaluation
Hearing loss is often a progressive condition that can easily be ignored. In fact, you may not realize how your lack of hearing is affecting your relationships, job performance, personality, memory and alertness. If you are one of the 28 million Americans with hearing loss, a hearing aid can improve your quality of life.
We get it: the idea of getting a hearing aid is not exciting for most people. But our audiologists in Phoenix would love the opportunity to show you how hearing aid technology has improved over the years. The process starts by determining your personal hearing profile through an audiogram performed by one of our professional audiologists. This simple test shows how well you can hear a variety of speech and environmental sounds so we can recommend the proper type of hearing device for your unique hearing loss. Never settle for a one-size-fits-all hearing aid!
Types of Hearing Aids
All of our hearing aids at Biltmore Audiology & Hearing Aid Center are 100% digital. They will be altered via computer to adjust for your unique level of hearing loss.
- Basic (entry-level) digital hearing aids: you have the ability to control the volume manually, depending on your environment.
- Advanced (premium) digital hearing aids: this technology automatically changes the volume of your hearing aid based your environment.
Styles of Hearing Aids
Hearing aids today are sleeker and more discreet than the clunky versions of the past.
- In-the-ear: these will be customized to fit the exact size and shape of your ear and complement your skin tone.
- Behind-the-ear: these will be positioned outside of your ear with tubing and an ear tip or ear mold that directs sounds into your ear canal. You can choose a color that blends in with your skin tone or choose designs or colors that suit your personality.
As part of your complete hearing healthcare, every hearing aid purchased at Biltmore ENT comes with a FREE lifetime supply of batteries!
Our team will help you understand the benefits of each type and style of hearing aid. We will ask you questions about your aesthetic goals (if you want your hearing aid to be visible to others), your manual dexterity (if you can control the volume yourself), your skin sensitivities and your budget. Your specific degree of hearing loss may dictate what type of hearing aid would be the most beneficial to restore sound to your life.
Counseling on How to Use and Care for Your Hearing Aid
Our professional staff will spend time to show you exactly how to use and maintain your new hearing aid and answer any questions you may have. Family members are welcome to come with you and learn about your hearing aid.
You Have Questions: We Have Answers
When you come in for your appointment, we’ll cover commonly asked questions about hearing aids. We are trained to help answer such questions as:
- Will other people see my hearing aid?
- Do I have to get a hearing aid?
- Can hearing aids be discreet?
- How can I hear better?
- How much do hearing aids cost?
- What’s the best type of hearing aid?
- And many more
Our team at Biltmore Audiology & Hearing Aid Center is ready to help you learn more about hearing aids in Phoenix. Contact our office today at (602) 956-1250 or click here to request an appointment.