Throat problems can be a mere nuisance or a major ordeal. Tonsillitis, voice disorders and even hoarseness all interfere with our ability to communicate. Many of these conditions can be improved or corrected by one of our ear, nose and throat specialists in Phoenix.
- Recurrent sore throats
- Swallowing problems
- Vocal nodules
- Voice problems
- Throat cancer
- Neck mass
Treatments for Throat Problems
Because there are so many different types of throat problems, treatments will greatly vary. Here are just a few treatment options:
- Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy: surgical removal of the tonsils and adenoids behind the throat and nasal passages, respectively, to treat breathing problems, recurring infections, etc.
- Laser treatments: to remove vocal nodules or vocal polyps
- Septoplasty: surgery to treat a deviated (crooked) septum, the bone and cartilage that runs between your nostrils
- Turbinate surgery: to treat inflamed nasal turbinates, 3 bony structures in your nose that are covered in tissue
- Sinus surgery: to treat blockages in the sinuses using an endoscope to view the area and surgical instruments to remove blockages
- Balloon sinuplasty: to treat chronic sinusitis by inserting a small, flexible balloon catheter into the inflamed sinus area, inflating the balloon to open the sinuses and flushing out mucus; the sinuses remain open after the balloon is removed
You Have Questions: We Have Answers
We invite you to request an appointment with our team so you can begin the journey to a better quality of life. We are trained to help answer such questions as:
- Why does my throat always hurt?
- What’s wrong with the sound of my voice?
- Is throat cancer serious?
- Why does my voice sound weird?
- And many more
More importantly, we can offer treatments for relief.
Our team at Biltmore ENT is ready to help you live a better quality of life. Contact our office today at (602) 956-1250 or click here to request an appointment.